Winter is coming - 5 of the most stylish T.V. shows around
Posted on September 19 2016
In the golden age of television everything on a show has to be razor sharp, especially the outfits. Here's our top five shows to get you through the coming winter months:
5. Californication (2007) - A self-loathing, alcoholic writer attempts to repair his damaged relationships with his daughter and her mother while combating sex addiction, a budding drug problem, and the seeming inability to avoid making bad decisions.
4. This is England 90 (2016) - The year is 1990, the rave scene has just entered England. The sound of the Stone roses lurks toward Shaun and the gang. This means that Woody and Lol are living in a domestic bliss, they are happy again. But this year will see huge changes in everyone. This is the year 1990. This is England.
3. Freaks and Geeks (1999) - Growing up circa 1980, a misfit high-school student and his pals are probably destined to become new media millionaires, but right now they're stuck in school, where all the girls are a foot taller and bullies terrorise the gym class. Meanwhile, his older sister is flirting with the dope-smoking bad boys, cutting classes and questioning the point of getting good grades.
2. Top Boy (2011) - A thriving but underground drugs business is being run by Dushane and his friend Sully to become the richest men on the block. To live rich Dushane and Sully go into partnership with top don Bobby Raikes. Rivalry with Kamale and his gang results in their loan from Raikes being stolen, and they swear revenge. Thirteen-year old Ra'Nell gradually gets lured into the gang and drug business as his mother Lisa has a breakdown and is hospitalised - with devastating consequences.
1. Peaky Blinders (2013) - A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.